Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage: Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage.
- 2) Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests results to determine load requirements.
- 3) Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
- 4) Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings.
- 5) Gives directions to WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT ATTENDANTS and SEWAGE-DISPOSAL WORKERS in performing routine operations and maintenance.
- 6) May collect sewage sample, using dipper or bottle and conduct laboratory tests, using testing equipment, such as colorimeter.
- 7) May operate and maintain power generating equipment to provide steam and electricity for plant.
- 8) May be designated according to specialized activity or stage in processing as Activated-Sludge Operator; Grit-Removal Operator; Pump-And-Blower Operator; Sludge-Control Operator; Sludge-Filtration Operator.
Is being a "WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "WASTEWATER-TREATMENT-PLANT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11913