"VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Counsels handicapped individuals to provide vocational rehabilitation services: Interviews and evaluates handicapped applicants, and confers with medical and professional personnel to determine type and degree of handicap, eligibility for service, and feasibility of vocational rehabilitation.
- 2) Accepts or recommends acceptance of suitable candidates.
- 3) Determines suitable job or business consistent with applicant's desires, aptitudes, and physical, mental, and emotional limitations.
- 4) Plans and arranges for applicant to study or train for job.
- 5) Assists applicant with personal adjustment throughout rehabilitation program.
- 6) Aids applicant in obtaining medical and social services during training.
- 7) Promotes and develops job openings and places qualified applicant in employment.
- 8) May specialize in type of disability, such as mental illness, alcohol abuse, hearing and visual impairment, or readjustment after prison release.
Is being a "VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR"
Job Number: 2382