Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares and compiles records in nursing unit of hospital or medical facility: Records name of patient, address, and name of attending physician to prepare medical records on new patients.
- 2) Copies information, such as patient's temperature, pulse rate, and blood pressure from nurses' records onto patient's medical records.
- 3) Records information, such as physicians' orders and instructions, dietary requirements, and medication information, on patient charts and medical records.
- 4) Keeps file of medical records on patients in unit.
- 5) Prepares notice of patient's discharge to inform business office.
- 6) Requisitions supplies designated by nursing staff.
- 7) Answers telephone and intercom calls and provides information or relays messages to patients and medical staff.
- 8) Directs visitors to patients' rooms.
- 9) Distributes mail, newspapers, and flowers to patients.
- 10) Compiles census of patients.
- 11) May keep record of absences and hours worked by unit personnel.
- 12) May transport patients in wheelchair or conveyance to locations within facility.
- 13) May key patient information into computer.
Is being an "UNIT CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "UNIT CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "UNIT CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "UNIT CLERK"
Job Number: 11620