Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Produces two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs, using ultrasound equipment, for use by physician in diagnosis of disease and study of malfunction of organs: Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination.
- 2) Explains process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination.
- 3) Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of test.
- 4) Keys test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
- 5) Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
- 6) Starts equipment which produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout, or film.
- 7) Photographs images of organs shown on display module, or removes strip printout from equipment, to obtain permanent record of internal examination.
- 8) Discusses test results with supervisor or attending physician.
Is being an "ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST"
Job Number: 11609