Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine equipped with multiple stations that solders typewriter type to type bars: Clamps type bar and segment-assembly to holding plate of machine.
- 2) Selects type in designated sequence and positions type between guides, or in matrix plate on machine table.
- 3) Pulls down first type bar with fingers and seats end of bar in back slot of type.
- 4) Pushes table or depresses treadle that moves assembly to next station where flux, solder, and coolant air are automatically applied.
- 5) May apply flux to back slot, using tweezers.
- 6) May adjust guides for different styles of type, using size blocks and turning setscrews.
- 7) May remove excess solder to prevent type from binding in type guide, using pencil-flame gas torch and brush or file.
Is being a "TYPE-SOLDERING-MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TYPE-SOLDERING-MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TYPE-SOLDERING-MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TYPE-SOLDERING-MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 11601