Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates turret punch press to punch holes or layout marks in metal sheets, plates, strips, or bars, following charts which list machine settings for each cut: Inserts, aligns, and locks punches and dies in turret, using hammer, shims, feelers, micrometers, and setscrews.
- 2) Places workpiece on table manually or by using crane.
- 3) Aligns workpiece to scale and end gauge on machine and clamps it to machine table.
- 4) Pushes button to turn turret to specified punch and die.
- 5) Turns cranks to set indicator to specified dimension on forward and lateral machine scale.
- 6) Presses pedal to activate punch.
- 7) Repeats operation for each machine setting specified on charts.
- 8) Positions center punch from turret to touch plate and turns crank to scratch layout lines.
- 9) May compute punch charts from blueprints, using square, scale, and applying knowledge of shop mathematics.
- 10) May punch holes in nonmetallic materials.
Is being a "TURRET-PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TURRET-PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TURRET-PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TURRET-PUNCH-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11581