"TURNING MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates turning machines to shape and bore smoking pipe bowls: Sharpens turning machine cutting knives, using grinding wheel.
- 2) Inserts and secures knives in cutterhead, using socket wrench.
- 3) Turns handwheels and moves levers to adjust turning machine carriage stops and cutting depth of machine.
- 4) Places block in clamp on machine carriage and moves lever to secure block in clamp.
- 5) Pushes machine carriage handle to move block into cutterhead to shape and bore sample pipe bowl.
- 6) Examines sample pipe bowl to verify shape and dimension against specifications, using caliper and gauges.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under BRIAR CUTTER.
Is being a "TURNING MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TURNING MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TURNING MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TURNING MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11572