Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that rounds and trims assembled blanks for heads of barrels or bottoms of baskets: Adjusts limit of horizontal swing saw to shape blanks of specified size.
- 2) Centers and clamps blank in chuck of machine.
- 3) Starts machine and moves feed lever that swings rotating saw against blank and simultaneously starts chuck and blank revolving.
- 4) Holds saw against revolving blank to trim and shape periphery.
- 5) Opens jaws of chuck and removes finished head.
- 6) May remove defects from barrel heading material, using circular saw.
- 7) May be designated according to part formed as Basket-Bottom-Rounding-Machine Operator; Head-Turning-Machine Operator.
Is being a "TURNING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TURNING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TURNING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TURNING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11575