"TURNING LATHE TENDER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends turning lathe that shapes furniture parts: Positions workpiece against stops on lathe carriage rests.
- 2) Moves lever to drive tailstock and headstock centers into workpiece.
- 3) Pushes lever to start spindle drive and move turning workpiece into turning centerhead of lathe to shape workpiece.
- 4) Pulls lever to pull workpiece back from cutterhead and disengage drive clutch.
- 5) Removes and inspects workpieces for smoothness and defects and places finished pieces onto cart.
- 6) Discards defective pieces.
- 7) Pushes cart of turned pieces to next operation.
- 8) Sharpens blade, using whetstone.
Is being a "TURNING LATHE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TURNING LATHE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TURNING LATHE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TURNING LATHE TENDER"
Job Number: 11571