Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls preheating chamber and tunnel kiln to preheat and bake clay products, such as brick, sewer pipe, mosaic tile, and ceramic and quarry tile: Observes color of fires and reactions of pyrometric cones to increases in temperatures in kiln and reads gauges and automatic recording instruments to verify specified temperatures in kiln.
- 2) Turns fuel and air valves and opens or closes dampers to adjust temperatures.
- 3) Pulls loaded kiln car from drier, opens preheater doors, and pushes kiln car into preheater, using car puller or transfer car.
- 4) Closes preheater doors and starts mechanism that pushes car through preheater.
- 5) Pulls loaded kiln cars from preheating chamber, opens tunnel kiln doors, and starts mechanism that pushes string of cars through kiln.
- 6) Removes cars from tunnel kiln and moves them to sorting area, using transfer car.
- 7) May control kiln equipped with automatic loading and drawing equipment.
- 8) May control drying tunnel.
- 9) May control tunnel kiln equipped with preheating chamber to bake clay products.
- 10) May be designated according to type of tile burned as Bisque-Tile Burner; Glost-Tile Burner.
Is being a "TUNNEL-KILN OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TUNNEL-KILN OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TUNNEL-KILN OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TUNNEL-KILN OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11559