Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends multiple-needle machine that tufts material to be used for articles, such as rugs, robes, and bedspreads: Requests CREELER to change yarn styles in creel or mounts supply packages on spindles and pieces up ends to leaders in yarn guides.
- 2) Draws ends through guides leading to machine, using suction device, and threads ends through guides, tensions, drop wires, and needle eyes.
- 3) Places roll of backing material on brackets at entry end of machine, draws backing under machine needles, and attaches end to takeup roll.
- 4) Moves lever that engages or disengages cam wheel to adjust machine to insert tufts in straight or irregular design.
- 5) Observes tufting to detect yarn breaks and machine malfunctions.
- 6) Rethreads broken yarn ends and replaces bent or broken needles and hooks.
- 7) Replaces dull knives on cut-pile tufting machines, using handtools.
- 8) Unthreads needles and ties up extra drop wires to adjust machine to accommodate narrower material.
- 9) Increases or decreases speed of cloth feed and inserts or removes shims between needle plate and machine bed to adjust space between tufts and length of tufts.
- 10) Workers who operate tufting machines are classified under TUFT-MACHINE OPERATOR.
Is being a "TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11541