"TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, SINGLE-NEEDLE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends single-needle machine that tufts yarn through material to produce rugs: Measures, marks, or traces rug dimensions or outline on backing material, using tape measure, marking pencil, and rug patterns.
- 2) Mounts yarn packages on creel spindles and draws ends through guides, tensions, and needle eye.
- 3) Positions roll of backing on machine brackets at entry end and threads material through feed rollers onto spiked takeup roll.
- 4) Presses buttons and lever to start machine that inserts tufts in singular rows through material.
- 5) Observes tufting to detect broken yarn ends and malfunctions.
- 6) Rethreads broken yarn ends and reports malfunctions to repair personnel.
- 7) Cuts material with scissors when specified carpeting has been tufted.
Is being a "TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, SINGLE-NEEDLE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, SINGLE-NEEDLE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, SINGLE-NEEDLE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TUFTING-MACHINE OPERATOR, SINGLE-NEEDLE"
Job Number: 11542