Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends tube drawing machine that shapes and forms metal tubing of specified internal and external diameters: Positions and fastens specified drawing die in diehead and plug die on plug rod, using handtools.
- 2) Centers plug die in opening of drawing die.
- 3) Loads tube over plug rod manually, or activates automatic loading mechanism.
- 4) Places tapered end of tube in contact with dies of machine that automatically pulls tube through dies.
- 5) Examines finished tubing for defects, such as scratches, pits, and cracks, and measures cross-sectional dimensions with fixed gauges and micrometers to verify conformance to specifications.
- 6) May taper end of tubing.
- 7) May operate controls to start machine carriage that grips and pulls tubing through die.
- 8) May be required to have experience with particular metal, or type and trade name of machine.
Is being a "TUBE DRAWER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TUBE DRAWER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TUBE DRAWER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TUBE DRAWER"
Job Number: 11516