"TRUCK DRIVER, HEAVY"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations: Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads.
- 2) Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- 3) Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- 4) May maintain truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- 5) May maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- 6) May load and unload truck.
- 7) May inspect truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- 8) May perform emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- 9) May position blocks and tie rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
- 10) When driving truck equipped for specific purposes, such as fighting fires, digging holes, and installing and repairing utility company lines, may be designated Fire-Truck Driver; Hole-Digger-Truck Driver; Tower-Truck Driver.
- 11) When specializing in making deliveries, may be designated Delivery-Truck Driver, Heavy.
- 12) May be designated according to type of truck driven as Truck Driver, Flatbed.
- 13) May be designated according to kind of cargo transported as Water Hauler.
Is being a "TRUCK DRIVER, HEAVY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRUCK DRIVER, HEAVY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRUCK DRIVER, HEAVY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRUCK DRIVER, HEAVY"
Job Number: 11491