Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles, solders, and laps trombone slides: Solders slide components, such as tubing sections, braces, and water valves, using gas torch and soft solder, following pattern to form inner and outer sections.
- 2) Ascertains whether slides are parallel and straight, using gauges.
- 3) Inserts plugs into slides, and squeezes or separates them to align them.
- 4) Pushes outer slide over motor-driven shaft coated with abrasive to smooth inner surface.
- 5) Brushes lubricant on inner slide surfaces and laps inner and outer slides together by hand.
- 6) May cut tubes, using rotary power saw.
- 7) May repair trombone slides.
Is being a "TROMBONE-SLIDE ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TROMBONE-SLIDE ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TROMBONE-SLIDE ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TROMBONE-SLIDE ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 11485