Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more automatic machines to reduce shanks of forged bolt blanks preparatory to thread rolling, and to trim excess metal from bolt-blank heads: Installs dies in machine, using wrenches, rule, and pry bar.
- 2) Visually sets ram stroke by turning adjusting screw of ram-stroke-controlling arm.
- 3) Synchronizes knock-out pin with back stroke of ram by turning knock-out pin adjustment screw.
- 4) Visually adjusts stock transfer arm to feed blanks to transfer finger.
- 5) Adjusts transfer finger to accommodate stock and centers transfer finger over die opening by turning adjusting screw.
- 6) Fills feed hopper with bolt blanks and starts machine.
- 7) Measures shank and head of trial blanks with micrometer or rule and adjusts dies and stops to maintain specified dimensions.
- 8) May signal worker to fill feed hopper with stock.
- 9) May set up machine for PRODUCTION-MACHINE TENDER.
Is being a "TRIMMER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRIMMER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRIMMER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRIMMER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11460