Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in treating wood products with preserving and fireproofing chemicals: Analyzes production charts, manuals, and customer specifications, and examines types of wood, to determine treatment of wood.
- 2) Orders treating sequence, type of chemicals used for treatment, temperature and pressure in retort, and length of time wood is to remain in retort.
- 3) Observes gauges and progression charts to detect malfunctioning equipment; and adjusts controls to regulate temperature, pressure, or level of liquid in retort to correct malfunction.
- 4) Tests wood borings, using laboratory equipment, to verify specified treating solution and moisture content, retention of preservative, and depth of penetration and concentration of salt.
- 5) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 6) May be designated according to process supervised as Supervisor, Incising.
Is being a "TREATING-PLANT SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TREATING-PLANT SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TREATING-PLANT SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TREATING-PLANT SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 11441