Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops plans for surface transportation projects according to established engineering standards and state or federal construction policy: Prepares plans, estimates, and specifications to design transportation facilities.
- 2) Plans alterations and modifications of existing streets, highways, and freeways to improve traffic flow.
- 3) Prepares deeds, property descriptions, and right-of-way maps.
- 4) Performs field engineering calculations to compensate for change orders and contract estimates.
- 5) May prepare and present public reports of environmental analysis statements and other transportation information.
- 6) May specialize in particular phase of work, such as making surveys, improving signs or lighting, preparing plans, or directing and coordinating construction or maintenance activities.
- 7) May be designated Highway Engineer.
- 8) May specialize in studying vehicular and pedestrian traffic conditions and be designated Traffic Engineer.
- 9) May plan, organize, and direct work in transportation studies to plan surface systems and be designated Transportation Planning Engineer.
Is being a "TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER"
Job Number: 11416