Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Expedites movement of freight, mail, baggage, and passengers through airline terminal by performing following tasks: Prepares airway bill of lading on freight from consignors and routes freight on first available flight.
- 2) Telephones consignees to report arrival of air freight.
- 3) Obtains flight number, airplane number, and names of crewmembers from teletyped message of DISPATCHER, and records data on airplane's flight papers.
- 4) Records baggage, mail, and freight weights, and number of passengers on airplane's papers and teletypes data to flight's destination.
- 5) Positions ramp for loading of airplane.
- 6) Verifies passengers' tickets as they board plane.
- 7) Oversees or participates in loading cargo to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
- 8) Removes ramp, and signals pilot that personnel and equipment are clear of plane.
- 9) May load and unload freight and baggage by operating forklift truck.
Is being a "TRANSPORTATION AGENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRANSPORTATION AGENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRANSPORTATION AGENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRANSPORTATION AGENT"
Job Number: 11415