"TRANSFORMER ASSEMBLER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Connects coils to terminals and builds up supporting structure of power transformers, according to wiring and structural diagrams: Wraps insulation around coil and secures with adhesive tape.
- 2) Drives fiber wedges between coil and core, using mallet to hold coil around leg of transformer core.
- 3) Crimps leads to magnet wire, using hand or hydraulic crimper and tapes connections.
- 4) Crimps tags to lead wires to conform with wiring diagram.
- 5) Assembles support structure, clamping angles, terminals, tanks, or cabinet panels, using gas or electric welding equipment, welding jigs, tie bolts, nut runner, drill press, and power drill.
- 6) Brazes coil leads to specified tanks of terminal strip.
- 7) May fabricate coils and assemble component parts to build electric power, distribution, or specialty transformers according to blueprints and wiring or structural diagrams.
- 8) Winds copper wire around jig, fixture, or spindle to form primary coil.
- 9) Fabricates secondary coil on copper plate of specified thickness, using drill, calipers, and bandsaw.
- 10) May be designated according to type of transformer assembled as Distribution-Transformer Assembler; Power-Transformer Assembler; Specialty-Transformer Assembler; or by type of core used as Hypercil-Core-Transformer Assembler.
Is being a "TRANSFORMER ASSEMBLER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRANSFORMER ASSEMBLER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRANSFORMER ASSEMBLER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRANSFORMER ASSEMBLER I"
Job Number: 11401