Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates typewriter or word processor/computer to transcribe letters, reports, or other recorded data heard through earphones of transcribing machine: Inserts cassette tape into cassette player or positions tape on machine spindle and threads tape through machine.
- 2) Positions earphones on ears and presses buttons on transcribing machine to listen to recorded data.
- 3) Turns dials to control volume, tone, and speed of voice reproduction.
- 4) Depresses pedal to pause tape.
- 5) Types message heard through earphones.
- 6) Reads chart prepared by dictator to determine length of message and corrections to be made.
- 7) May type unrecorded information, such as name, address, and date.
- 8) May keep file of records.
- 9) May receive and route callers.
- 10) May be designated by subject matter transcribed as Legal Transcriber; Medical Transcriber.
Is being a "TRANSCRIBING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRANSCRIBING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRANSCRIBING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRANSCRIBING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11386