"TRAILER ASSEMBLER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles prefabricated parts to build metal and wood truck trailers, following blueprints, performing any combination of following tasks: Lays out, fits, drills, screws, bolts, and rivets together metal sheeting, upright frames, bottom and top bars, and angle clips, using pneumatic and hydraulic handtools and machines, and templates.
- 2) Assembles and fastens together preassembled trailer side and top sections to trailer frame.
- 3) Marks and cuts openings in sheeting, installs support framing around openings, and installs preassembled doors, handles, hinges, and catches.
- 4) Fits, drills, bolts, and rivets metal frame posts, headers, and buckplates together to make rear trailer body section, verifying tolerances with square and rule.
- 5) Assembles and bolts undercarriage in position and mounts tires on wheels.
- 6) Drills, bolts, and rivets frames, metal and plywood sheeting, lock assemblies, hinges, and bracket angles to assemble doors for trailer bodies.
- 7) Installs insulating material between framing and outer plates of doors.
- 8) Screws holding brackets in place and strings wiring for lighting system.
- 9) Applies sealant to assembled sections.
- 11) May be designated according to part assembled as Custom-Frame Assembler; Trailer-Body Assembler.
Is being a "TRAILER ASSEMBLER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRAILER ASSEMBLER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRAILER ASSEMBLER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRAILER ASSEMBLER I"
Job Number: 11379