Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives gasoline or diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination, usually long distances, to transport and deliver products, livestock, or materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form: Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations, such as narrow passageways.
- 2) Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- 3) Maintains driver log according to I.
- 7) May assist workers in loading and unloading truck.
- 8) May transport new automobiles or trucks from manufacturers or rail terminals to dealers and be designated Transport Driver.
- 9) May drive tractor with two trailers hitched in tandem and be designated Double-Bottom Driver.
- 10) May drive tractor-trailer combination to deliver poles for utility and construction companies and be designated Pole-Truck Driver.
- 11) May work as member of two-person team driving tractor with sleeper bunk behind cab and be designated Long-Haul-Sleeper Driver.
- 12) May drive tractor-trailer combination to deliver or spray water and be designated Water-Truck Driver I.
Is being a "TRACTOR-TRAILER-TRUCK DRIVER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRACTOR-TRAILER-TRUCK DRIVER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRACTOR-TRAILER-TRUCK DRIVER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRACTOR-TRAILER-TRUCK DRIVER"
Job Number: 11368