Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives gasoline or diesel powered tractor to move materials, draw farm implements, tow trailers, pull out objects embedded in ground, or pull cable of winch to raise, lower, or load heavy material or equipment: Fastens attachments, such as graders, plows, and rollers, to tractor with hitchpins.
- 2) Releases brake, shifts gears, and depresses accelerator or moves throttle to control forward and backward movement of tractor.
- 3) Steers tractor by turning steering wheel and depressing brake pedals.
- 4) May lubricate and repair tractor and attachments.
- 5) May be designated according to type of power utilized as Diesel-Tractor Operator; Gasoline-Tractor Operator; Tractor Operator, Battery.
- 6) May operate tractor mounted with wide spread pneumatic or metallic treads to transport materials over marshes or swamps and be designated Marsh-Buggy Operator.
- 7) May operate tractor equipped with laser leveling equipment to level large fields for farming or industrial purposes and be designated Tractor Operator, Laser Leveling.
Is being a "TRACTOR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRACTOR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRACTOR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRACTOR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11365