Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Diagnoses mechanical failures and repairs tractors and tractor components according to manuals, factory specifications, and knowledge of engine performances, using handtools, power tools, and testing instruments: Attaches compression, ignition, and timing test instruments to certain parts of tractor, using clamps and handtools.
- 2) Starts engine dials and reads meters and gauges of testing equipment to diagnose engine malfunction.
- 3) Removes and disassembles engine, transmission, and clutches, using hoists, jacks, and mechanic's handtools.
- 4) Inspects parts for damage, and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts for conformance to factory specifications, using gauges, such as calipers, and micrometers.
- 5) Replaces or repairs worn or damaged parts.
- 6) Grinds valves, relines and adjusts brakes, tightens body bolts, aligns wheels, and tunes engine.
- 7) May weld defective body or frame parts.
Is being a "TRACTOR MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRACTOR MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRACTOR MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRACTOR MECHANIC"
Job Number: 11364