Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in loading and unloading railroad cars at grain elevator and operates equipment that unloads railroad cars: Confers with SUPERINTENDENT, GRAIN ELEVATOR to obtain daily work schedule and resolve operating problems.
- 2) Confers with GRAIN MIXER to coordinate loading and unloading activities with blending and weighing activities.
- 3) Assigns workers to duties and issues instructions regarding sequence of activities and railroad cars to be loaded and unloaded.
- 4) Directs workers to connect car puller cables to railroad cars and pulls lever to start winding mechanism that pulls cars into position for loading or unloading.
- 5) Signals weigher when cars are in position and observes lights to detect signal to commence loading or unloading, using signal-light system.
- 6) Pushes and pulls levers and pushes buttons to control rotary dumping equipment that clamps cars in place and tilts and jogs car to dump grain into receiving chute.
- 7) Directs DUMPER to open hopper doors on railroad cars and presses button to start conveyor that elevates grain to weigh station.
- 8) Directs workers to position spout into railroad cars for loading of grain, signals weigher to commence loading, and observes signal lights to detect when specified amount of grain has been loaded.
- 9) May drive tractor to pull railroad cars onto side tracks.
- 10) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "TRACK SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TRACK SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TRACK SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TRACK SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 11359