Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives tow-truck to move motor vehicles damaged by accident, stalled, or ticketed by police for traffic violation: Receives call or is dispatched to location by repair garage, automobile association, or police department by radio or telephone.
- 2) Attaches antisway bar to vehicle by means of cable, chains, or other grappling devices, and hoists one end of vehicle, using hand or powered winch, to tow vehicle to repair garage or to police department's impounding area.
- 3) May make minor repairs to vehicles along highway, such as replacing spark plugs, batteries, and light bulbs, and connecting loose wires.
- 4) May perform other duties when not engaged in towing, such as AUTOMOBILE-SERVICE-STATION ATTENDANT; TIRE REPAIRER.
- 5) May dismantle vehicles to salvage parts, using such handtools as wrenches, pry bar, and hacksaws.
- 6) May remove, bend, or cut parts of damaged vehicles preparatory to towing.
Is being a "TOW-TRUCK OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TOW-TRUCK OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TOW-TRUCK OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TOW-TRUCK OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11425