Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and adjusts handtools and power tools used in assembling, adjusting, and aligning typewriters: Examines tools for wear and tear.
- 2) Tests operation of pneumatic tool, such as power socket wrench and power screwdriver, by driving home nuts and screws and by verifying tightness, using handtools, torque wrench, or torque screwdriver.
- 3) Sharpens and squares ends of screwdrivers, using bench grinder.
- 4) Brazes or solders loose handles to tools, using gas torch.
- 5) Repairs or replaces defective jaws of special pliers and wooden tool handles, using mallet and vise.
- 6) Straightens bent tool shanks in vise or by tapping tool shanks with hammer.
- 7) Dismantles, cleans, and oils motors for power tools.
- 8) Discards irreparable tools and requisitions and distributes replacements.
- 9) May repair worn or defective tool parts, using bench lathes, cut-off machine, drill press, and machinists' tools.
Is being a "TOOL-MAINTENANCE WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TOOL-MAINTENANCE WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TOOL-MAINTENANCE WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TOOL-MAINTENANCE WORKER"
Job Number: 11311