Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, fabricates, assembles, and repairs jigs, fixtures, forms, templates, and related tooling used in manufacturing aircraft parts and assemblies, following blueprints, sketches, and specifications, using handtools, power tools, machines, and equipment: Reviews engineering information, tool design drawings, and other specifications to determine methods and sequence of operations to fabricate tools.
- 2) Examines blueprint of part for which template, jig, fixture, or other tooling is to be built.
- 3) Calculates unspecified dimensions, and lays out design on assorted materials to establish and coordinate reference points and tooling holes, using measuring instruments, such as dividers and straightedges.
- 4) Sets up and operates variety of machines and shop equipment to cut, shape, and finish materials to specified dimensions.
- 5) Fits, aligns, and assembles tooling components, and measures tooling assembly for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring and checking instruments.
- 6) Joins assembly components, using bolts, pins, clamps, screws, rivets, or other method.
- 7) Repairs or reworks tools.
- 8) May draw sketches and prepare detailed instructions for fabricating or machining to be performed by other workers.
- 9) May specialize in building specific type tool and be designated Form Block Maker; Jig And Fixture Builder; Machine Tool Fixture Builder; Wood-Tool Maker.
Is being a "TOOL BUILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TOOL BUILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TOOL BUILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TOOL BUILDER"
Job Number: 11288