"TOOL AND FIXTURE REPAIRER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Replaces and adjusts tools and fixtures of production machines and components of transfer systems in industrial establishment, using handtools and precision measuring instruments, following specifications and blueprints, and applying knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and machine programming and maintenance: Observes production machines, such as punch and drill presses, milling machines, lathes and robotic equipment, to detect malfunctions, need for adjustment and alignment, or replacement of worn or broken tools and fixtures.
- 2) Removes, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machines and equipment, such as production fixtures, programmable machines, and conveyors and transfer devices, using precision measuring instruments and handtools.
- 3) Enters instructions on programmable controller or robot controller, to adjust speed, motion, and alignment of programmable machines, applying knowledge of machine programming and operations and production processes.
- 4) Repairs and calibrates electronic measuring gauges, using electrical test equipment, master gauges, and handtools.
- 5) Operates machines to verify that repairs, adjustments, and alignments have corrected problems and that machines function according to specifications.
- 6) Disassembles, cleans, and polishes machine components.
- 7) Informs supervisor of machine malfunctions requiring repair by other maintenance workers, such as ELECTRICIAN, MAINTENANCE.
- 8) May set up and operate machine tools, such as lathes, mills, and surface grinders, to repair worn or broken production tools and fixtures.
Is being a "TOOL AND FIXTURE REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TOOL AND FIXTURE REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TOOL AND FIXTURE REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TOOL AND FIXTURE REPAIRER"
Job Number: 11287