Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Vulcanizes breaks and holes in casings and treads of motor vehicle tires: Cuts and trims broken sections of tire with knife.
- 2) Scrapes and cleans area, using electrically or air-rotated wire brush.
- 3) Coats break on inside of tire with rubber cement.
- 4) Cuts raw and corded rubber patches and rolls them into rupture, using hand roller, to ensure adhesion.
- 5) Covers rupture on outside of tire with tread rubber and works rubber into hole with hand roller.
- 6) Trims patch, using knife.
- 7) Places tire in tire mold of vulcanizing machine which has been heated to specified temperature.
- 8) Adjusts air or steam bag inside tire, inflating it to exert pressure on tire in mold.
- 9) Clamps tire in mold and allows it to remain until rubber is vulcanized and patch fused with surrounding rubber.
- 10) May inspect and rebuff tire.
Is being a "TIRE VULCANIZER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TIRE VULCANIZER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TIRE VULCANIZER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TIRE VULCANIZER"
Job Number: 11258