Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends buffing machine that removes rubber from tire body to prepare tire for retreading: Positions tire on holder of machine.
- 2) Places metal plate against tire and turns bolt to hold plate in place, using wrench.
- 3) Inflates tire with air.
- 4) Starts tire rotating and pushes lever that moves tire against abrasive wheel that cuts tread from tire.
- 5) Turns dial to position buffing wheel against tire.
- 6) Measures tire to determine size of retreading mold, using tapeline.
- 7) May apply cement to tire to be retreaded, using brush.
- 8) May inspect tire casings prior to buffing.
Is being a "TIRE BUFFER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TIRE BUFFER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TIRE BUFFER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TIRE BUFFER"
Job Number: 11242