Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts, fits, installs, and repairs supporting timbers and other framework in underground mine, using carpentry tools: Measures and cuts timbers for roof supports and framing, such as ladders, chutes, walls, and ventilation doors, using handsaw or power saw, square, and rule.
- 2) Sets roof timbers and inserts wedges to hold them in place.
- 3) Erects cribbing to increase support or control ventilation.
- 4) Mortises joints with saw, chisel, or adz, and bores boltholes with brace and bit or power drill.
- 5) Installs braces to repair or shore up loose timbering, using hammer and spikes.
- 6) May set and wedge props in place as temporary support for roof or working face.
- 7) May cut timbers to size and load them onto cars for haulage to mine.
- 8) May build wooden forms, and mix and pour concrete supports.
- 9) May set and bolt together steel roof supports and insert wedges to hold supports in place.
Is being a "TIMBER FRAMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TIMBER FRAMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TIMBER FRAMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TIMBER FRAMER"
Job Number: 11212