Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supplies and mixes construction materials for TILE SETTER , applies grout, and cleans installed tile: Moves tiles, tilesetting tools, and work devices from storage area to installation site manually or using wheelbarrow.
- 2) Mixes mortar and grout according to standard formulas and request from TILE SETTER, using bucket, water hose, spatula, and portable mixer.
- 3) Supplies TILE SETTER with mortar, using wheelbarrow and shovel.
- 4) Applies grout between joints of installed tile, using grouting trowel.
- 5) Removes excess grout from tile joints with wet sponge and scrapes corners and crevices with trowel.
- 6) Wipes surface of tile after grout has set to remove grout residue and polish tile, using nonabrasive materials.
- 7) Cleans installation site, mixing and storage areas, and installation machines, tools, and equipment, using water and various cleaning tools.
- 8) Stores tile setting materials, machines, tools, and equipment.
- 9) May apply caulk, sealers, acid, steam, or related agents to caulk, seal, or clean installed tile, using various application devices and equipment.
- 10) May modify mixing, grouting, grinding, and cleaning procedures according to type of installation or material used.
- 11) May assist TILE SETTER to position and secure metal lath, wire mesh, or felt paper prior to installation of tile.
- 12) May cut marked tiles to size, using power saw or tile cutter.
Is being a "TILE FINISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TILE FINISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TILE FINISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TILE FINISHER"
Job Number: 11203