Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Molds plastic clay into such ware as vases, urns, saggers, and pitchers, as clay revolves on potter's wheel: Positions ball of clay in center of potter's wheel and starts motor, or pumps treadle with foot to revolve wheel.
- 2) Presses thumbs down into center of revolving clay to form hollow.
- 3) Presses on inside and outside of emerging clay cylinder with hands and fingers, gradually raising and shaping clay to desired form and size.
- 4) Constantly adjusts speed of wheel to conform with changing tenacity of clay as piece enlarges and walls become thinner, judging degrees of change by feel.
- 5) Smooths surfaces of finished piece, using rubber scrapers and wet sponge.
- 6) Verifies size and form, using calipers and templates.
- 7) Pulls wire held taut between both hands through base of article and wheel to separate finished piece, or removes piece from wheel to dry.
- 8) May form saggers only and be known as Sagger Former.
Is being a "THROWER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "THROWER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "THROWER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "THROWER"
Job Number: 11178