Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates single- or multiple-spindle threading machine to thread and chamfer cylindrical stock according to specifications: Selects, installs, and adjusts threading die, die cutters, chamfering tools, feed grips, pressure tripping mechanism, cams, gears and pulleys, using screwdrivers and wrenches.
- 2) Lifts precut stock manually or with hoist and positions and secures stock in chuck jaws.
- 3) Starts machine and moves handwheel or lever to alternately feed stock on each spindle.
- 4) Verifies dimensions of workpieces with specifications, using fixed gauges and scale.
- 5) May sharpen die cutters on grinding wheel.
- 6) May be designated by type of stock threaded as Bolt-Threading-Machine Operator; Nipple-Machine Operator; Pipe-Threading-Machine Operator.
Is being a "THREADING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "THREADING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "THREADING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "THREADING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11170