Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties involved in operation of open-hearth furnaces: Moves controls to open and close furnace doors.
- 2) Removes molten metal in low spots or pockets of furnace floor, using air lance.
- 3) Shovels refractory materials onto furnace bottom.
- 4) Transports additives from bins to furnace.
- 5) Shovels additives into furnace and ladle.
- 6) Cleans and reams furnace taphole and pries solidified metal from pouring spout, using reaming rod and bar.
- 7) Sprays slag with water, using hose.
- 8) Maintains tools and equipment required for furnace operations.
- 9) Cleans charging floor and furnace areas.
Is being a "THIRD HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "THIRD HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "THIRD HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "THIRD HELPER"
Job Number: 11155