Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs defective thermostats used in refrigeration, air-conditioning, and heating equipment, following blueprints and other specifications: Disassembles and examines thermostats to locate and remove defective parts, using handtools.
- 2) Replaces defective parts, such as bellows, range spring, and toggle switch, and reassembles thermostat according to blueprint specifications, using cam press and handtools.
- 3) Measures tolerances of assembled parts, using micrometer and calipers.
- 4) Repairs leaks in valve seats or bellows of automotive heater thermostats, using soft solder, flux, and acetylene torch.
- 5) Examines thermostat for defects, such as loose screws and dents.
- 6) Writes repair ticket to identify thermostat and places repaired thermostats in tote boxes.
- 7) Calibrates thermostat for specified temperature or pressure settings.
Is being a "THERMOSTAT REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "THERMOSTAT REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "THERMOSTAT REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "THERMOSTAT REPAIRER"
Job Number: 11150