Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends steam heaters or presses that shape and cure rubber floor mats: Positions sheets of precut calendered rubber on molds.
- 2) Turns valve to activate vacuum fixtures that draw and hold rubber against contours of molds.
- 3) Examines molds to ascertain that rubber sheet covers mold and smooths out wrinkles.
- 4) Removes excess rubber from mold, using knife or roller.
- 5) Pushes switch to close press and move heater carriage into heater.
- 6) Turns valve to admit steam and sets timer for specified curing time.
- 7) Strips cured mats from mold.
- 8) Examines mats for defects, such as discoloration, misforming, blisters, and cracks.
- 9) Marks defective mats for repair and places them on skids.
Is being a "THERMAL MOLDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "THERMAL MOLDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "THERMAL MOLDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "THERMAL MOLDER"
Job Number: 11143