"TEST EQUIPMENT MECHANIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, lays out, constructs, modifies, tests, and maintains laboratory test equipment and related structural assemblies used to test experimental aircraft and space vehicle parts and assemblies, using precision instruments, handtools, power tools, and shop equipment: Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering drawings, and sketches, or receives verbal instructions, to determine methods and sequence of operations to lay out and construct mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, or hydraulic test equipment and related structures.
- 2) Lays out and fabricates parts from assorted materials, such as aluminum, steel, wood, plastic, and graphite composites, using measuring instruments and shop equipment, such as saws, shears, drill presses, lathes, and routers.
- 3) Fits, aligns, and assembles parts, equipment, specialized test devices, and structural framework to build test units, using precision measuring instruments, such as transit and level, power tools, rivets, bolts, clamps, pins, and other fasteners.
- 4) Installs, or assists other workers in installing, test specimens in test equipment, using hoist, overhead crane, or related equipment.
- 5) Assists engineers in operating test equipment to obtain research data on performance of experimental parts and assemblies under varying operational conditions.
- 6) Diagnoses test equipment malfunctions and services and repairs equipment as required.
- 7) May repair test specimens damaged during testing to prepare item for retesting.
- 8) May specialize in constructing mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, or structural test equipment.
Is being a "TEST EQUIPMENT MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TEST EQUIPMENT MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TEST EQUIPMENT MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TEST EQUIPMENT MECHANIC"
Job Number: 11099