Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies cement, sand, pigment, and marble chips to floors, stairways, and cabinet fixtures to attain durable and decorative surfacing according to specifications and drawings: Spreads roofing paper on surface of foundation.
- 2) Spreads mixture of sand, cement, and water over surface with trowel to form terrazzo base.
- 3) Cuts metal division strips and presses them into terrazzo base so that top edges form desired design or pattern and define level of finished floor surface.
- 4) Spreads mixture of marble chips, cement, pigment, and water over terrazzo base to form finished surface, using float and trowel.
- 5) Scatters marble chips over finished surface.
- 6) Pushes roller over surface to imbed chips.
- 7) Allows surface to dry, and pushes electric-powered surfacing machine over floor to grind and polish terrazzo surface.
- 8) Grinds curved surfaces and areas inaccessible to surfacing machine, such as stairways and cabinet tops, with portable hand grinder.
- 9) May precast terrazzo blocks in wooden forms.
- 10) May perform finishing operations only and be designated Terrazzo Polisher.
Is being a "TERRAZZO WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TERRAZZO WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TERRAZZO WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TERRAZZO WORKER"
Job Number: 11089