Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that pulls and spaces reinforcing wire as it is wound around steel cylinder to make prestressed core for fabricating concrete pipe: Pulls wire through machine rollers and clamps it to end of cylinder for subsequent welding.
- 2) Signals WINDING-MACHINE OPERATOR to start machine that rotates cylinder.
- 3) Observes dial indicator and pulls lever on tensioning machine to apply specified tension to wire during winding.
- 4) Signals WINDING-MACHINE OPERATOR to stop rotation of cylinder after specified number of turns of wire.
- 5) Maintains tension on wire until WELDER, ARC welds it to cylinder.
- 6) May tend machine that pulls and spaces reinforcing wire by hydraulic power to make prestressed core for fabricating concrete beams.
Is being a "TENSIONING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TENSIONING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TENSIONING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TENSIONING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 11085