"TEMPLATE MAKER, EXTRUSION DIE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out sheet or plate steel, and sets up and operates machine tools to make templates used in manufacture of extrusion dies: Analyzes blueprints to determine product specifications and plans operations, applying knowledge of template making, extrusion of nonferrous metals, shop mathematics and sheet metalwork.
- 2) Applies copper sulfate solution to surface of steel plate, using cloth or brush.
- 3) Computes dimensions, and measures and scribes outline of product cross section on steel.
- 4) Saws, files, and operates drill press, arbor press, band-sawing machine, filing machine, and vertical milling machine to drill, saw, shape, and smooth workpiece to layout lines.
- 5) Verifies conformance of template to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and protractors.
- 6) May operate bench grinder to grind standard files to shape for particular operation.
Is being a "TEMPLATE MAKER, EXTRUSION DIE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TEMPLATE MAKER, EXTRUSION DIE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TEMPLATE MAKER, EXTRUSION DIE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TEMPLATE MAKER, EXTRUSION DIE"
Job Number: 11078