"TELEPHONE OPERATOR, CHIEF"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of TELEPHONE OPERATORS in telephone or telegraph office or in industrial establishment: Notifies telephone company maintenance department of switchboard operational difficulties reported by operators.
- 2) Prepares work schedules and assigns switchboard positions.
- 3) Trains new employees and keeps attendance records.
- 4) Maintains record of incoming and outgoing long-distance and tie line calls, noting duration and time of calls.
- 5) Keeps record of employees' personal calls and forwards record to department head for collection.
- 6) Compiles plant phone directory, arranges for distribution to designated personnel, and keeps record of directories distributed.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 8) May relieve operators.
- 9) May supervise operators of telephone answering and message service and be designated Supervisor, Telephone-Answering-Service.
Is being a "TELEPHONE OPERATOR, CHIEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TELEPHONE OPERATOR, CHIEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TELEPHONE OPERATOR, CHIEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TELEPHONE OPERATOR, CHIEF"
Job Number: 11060