"TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties to provide technical support to workers in information processing departments: Develops work goals and department projects.
- 2) Assigns and coordinates work projects, such as converting to new hardware or software.
- 3) Designates staff assignments, establishes work priorities, and evaluates cost and time requirements.
- 4) Reviews completed projects or computer programs to ensure that goals are met and that programs are compatible with other programs already in use.
- 5) Evaluates work load and capacity of computer system to determine feasibility of expanding or enhancing computer operations.
- 6) Makes recommendations for improvements in computer system.
- 7) Reviews and tests programs written by PROGRAMMER-ANALYST or COMPUTER PROGRAMMER to ensure that programs meet objectives and specifications.
- 8) Consults with QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST to ensure that program follows establishment standards.
- 9) Modifies, tests, and corrects existing programs.
- 10) Evaluates and tests vendor-supplied software packages for mainframe computer or microcomputers to determine compatibility with existing system, ease of use, and if software meets user needs.
- 11) Enters commands into computer to place programs in production status.
- 12) Inactivates, individually or in combination, each component of computer system, such as central processing unit, tape drives, and mainframe coolers.
- 13) Tests computer system to determine criticality of component loss.
- 14) Prioritizes importance of components and writes recommendations for recovering losses and using backup equipment.
- 15) Assists user to resolve computer-related problems, such as inoperative hardware or software.
- 16) Trains workers in use of new software or hardware.
- 17) Reads technical journals or manuals and attends vendor seminars to learn about new computer hardware and software.
- 18) Writes project reports and documentation for new or modified software and hardware.
Is being a "TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST"
Job Number: 2316