Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out and draws illustrations for reproduction in reference works, brochures, and technical manuals dealing with assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools, and equipment: Prepares drawings from blueprints, designs, mockups, and photoprints by methods and techniques suited to specified reproduction process or final use, such as blueprint, photo-offset, and projection transparencies, using drafting and optical equipment.
- 2) Lays out and draws schematic, perspective, orthographic, or oblique-angle views to depict function, relationship, and assembly-sequence of parts and assemblies, such as gears, engines, and instruments.
- 3) Shades or colors drawing to emphasize details or to eliminate undesired background, using ink, crayon, airbrush, and overlays.
- 4) Pastes instructions and comments in position on drawing.
- 5) May draw cartoons and caricatures to illustrate operation, maintenance, and safety manuals and posters.
Is being a "TECHNICAL ILLUSTRATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TECHNICAL ILLUSTRATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TECHNICAL ILLUSTRATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TECHNICAL ILLUSTRATOR"
Job Number: 11045