"TEACHER, SECONDARY SCHOOL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Teaches one or more subjects to students in public or private secondary schools: Instructs students, using various teaching methods, such as lecture and demonstration, and uses audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- 2) Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- 3) Assigns lessons and corrects homework.
- 4) Administers tests to evaluate pupil progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- 5) Keeps attendance records.
- 6) Maintains discipline in classroom.
- 7) Meets with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- 8) Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- 9) Performs related duties, such as sponsoring one or more activities or student organizations, assisting pupils in selecting course of study, and counseling student in adjustment and academic problems.
- 10) May be identified according to subject matter taught.
- 11) May be required to hold certification from state.
Is being a "TEACHER, SECONDARY SCHOOL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TEACHER, SECONDARY SCHOOL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TEACHER, SECONDARY SCHOOL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TEACHER, SECONDARY SCHOOL"
Job Number: 11039