"TEACHER, MENTALLY IMPAIRED"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Teaches basic academic and living skills to mentally impaired students in schools and other institutions: Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other instructional materials according to achievement levels of students.
- 2) Confers with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and others to develop individual educational program for students who are at different learning ability levels, including educable, trainable, and severely impaired.
- 3) Instructs students in academic subjects, utilizing various teaching techniques, such as phonetics, multisensory learning, and repetition to reinforce learning.
- 4) Instructs students in daily living skills required for independent maintenance and economic self-sufficiency, such as hygiene, safety, and food preparation.
- 5) Observes, evaluates, and prepares reports on progress of students.
- 6) Meets with parents to provide support and guidance in using community resources.
- 7) May administer and interpret results of ability and achievement tests.
- 8) May be required to hold state certification.
Is being a "TEACHER, MENTALLY IMPAIRED" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TEACHER, MENTALLY IMPAIRED" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TEACHER, MENTALLY IMPAIRED"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TEACHER, MENTALLY IMPAIRED"
Job Number: 11034