"TEACHER, LEARNING DISABLED"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Teaches elementary and secondary school subjects in schools, institutions, or other specialized facilities to students with neurological problems in learning: Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual need of students, considering state and school requirements, physical, emotional, and educational levels of development.
- 2) Confers with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social worker, and others to develop individual educational program for student.
- 3) Instructs students in all academic subjects.
- 4) Creates learning materials geared to each student's ability and interest.
- 5) Instructs students, using special educational strategies and techniques, to improve sensory-motor and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory, language, cognition, and social and emotional development.
- 6) Works with students to increase motivation, provide consistent reinforcement to learning, continuous assessment of level of functioning, and continuous feedback to student for all learning activities.
- 7) Works with parents to accept and develop skills in dealing with student's learning impairment.
- 8) May work as consultant, teach in self-contained classroom, or teach in resource room.
- 9) May be required to hold certification from state.
Is being a "TEACHER, LEARNING DISABLED" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TEACHER, LEARNING DISABLED" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TEACHER, LEARNING DISABLED"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TEACHER, LEARNING DISABLED"
Job Number: 11033