Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that tapes edges of corrugated paperboard box blanks to form boxes: Mounts roll of gummed tape onto machine and threads tape through feed and moisture applicator rollers and under cutoff knife.
- 2) Turns petcock to start flow of water to applicator tray.
- 3) Positions and secures cutoff knife micro-switch, according to box dimensions, using handtools.
- 4) Starts machine, folds blank along scored lines, and feeds folded blank into machine that tapes edges to form box.
- 5) Observes machine operation to detect malfunction and inspects completed boxes to verify tape application according to specifications.
- 6) Adjusts tape guides, water flow, or cutoff knife to correct faulty tape application.
Is being a "TAPER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TAPER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TAPER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TAPER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 10989